To start/unlock a Smartbike or a dockless bike with the GoBike Mobile App, open the app and click the "Unlock a dockless bike" button. Then click the smaller keypad button on the bottom left to enter the bike number.
You can also use our NFC reader to unlock. Open the app and either click the "Unlock a dockless bike" button and then hold your phone to the NFC decal on the bike's rear fender or handlebars.
- NFC reader only works on iPhone 7 or above (good way to check is if you have a headphone jack means its older version and NFC will not work)
- NFC reader works with all android phones
- NFC reader must be enabled (to enable you must go to SETTING -> NFC-> ENABLE (ask device manufacturer for exact location of the NFC)
- NFC tag is located between handlebars and rear fender for scanning
- Please see the NFC instructional decals on our bikes
The mobile app is also used to unlock the bike's self-contained lock. To end a rental, manually close the bike's lock, located on the rear fender.